You deserve a break. More than likely, you stressed throughout the holidays getting your home ready for guests. You might have spent a lot of time decluttering, or making changes to your laundry room. Maybe you even worked to help make it easier for your parents to navigate their kitchen.
Oh, yeah – you also had to work to make a living.
So, now it’s time to sit back, relax and pamper yourself. But you don’t have to go to a pricey spa to do so. Here are five easy steps to enjoying an indulgent spa night at home.
If you’re ready to tackle more organizing projects around your house after you’re refreshed and re-energized, Art of Drawers has a host of solutions that will help. Use our online form or give us a call at (770) 800 8410 to learn more.
Why is Self-Care so Important?
Let’s get one thing straight from the start. Self-care isn’t the same thing as selfishness – not by a long shot. It simply means taking care of yourself so you are as healthy and happy as possible. When you feel good, you look good – and you’ll be in a better position to do great at your job and care for the ones you love. Self-care will help you cope with the stresses of everyday life.
So, here’s how to go about creating your spa night.
1. Draw A Bath
Get the water running, and maybe add some fragrant bubble bath for an added special touch. While the bath is going, this will be a good time to think about dry brushing your skin. This really does wonders – it not only detoxifies your skin, it also exfoliates. Dry brushing will help your skin renew itself, giving you a soft, youthful glow.
You simply take an exfoliating brush and start at your toes. Work up to brush your legs, torso, back and arms. It will be worth it, we promise.
2. Light Your Favorite Candle
What’s a spa experience without the scent of a candle wafting in the air? There are actually a lot of benefits to lighting one or several of them. Here are just a few.
- Lighting a candle will add a special ambience, transforming your environment to a peaceful, blissful space.
- Your favorite aromas can calm your mind. Lavender, peppermint and other scents will help soothe you if you’re going through a stressful time.
- Scented candles will also help brighten your mood.
You could say that candles will be the most important part of your DIY spa, so you should seriously consider lighting a few of them.
3. Use a Face Mask
A face mask will also be key to getting the most out of your spa night. You just need to figure out what kind you want. Are you looking to moisturize your skin, or would you rather use an exfoliating mask? Maybe you’d like something that will help clear your pores. There’s really no wrong choice. You could buy one, or you could make your own, which could also be fun.
4. Read Your Favorite Book
OK – so now it’s time to get in the tub. What better way to immerse yourself in indulgence than having a great book to read while you soak? You might also want to think about playing some soft music that you love.
Once you’re finished with your bath, think about using a gentle scrub to exfoliate your skin even more. This will make it easier for your skin to absorb whatever type of moisturizer you use.
5. Give Yourself a Home Pedicure
Your spa night isn’t quite over yet. If you don’t feel like going to the nail salon, you could go ahead and pamper yourself a little more by doing a DIY pedicure. Pedicures do much more than keep your feet looking their best. They also help keep your feet healthy by clearing them of painful corns and calluses. This will be especially helpful if you tend to wear open-toed shoes with hard soles.
Contact Art of Drawers to Learn More About Custom Bathroom Storage Solutions
- The first step will be to get rid of anything in your bathroom you haven’t used in a long time, and you don’t plan on using in the future. Throw out anything that’s expired. If there are some items that still work but you no longer have a use for them, see if anyone you know needs them. If not, donate those items to a charity. Be honest about what you need and what you don’t, and then go from there.
- This might also be a great time to purchase some new, luxurious bath mats and towels. They’ll be much softer, and they make you feel a lot better. Don’t forget about indulging in a plush robe while you’re at it.
- Another great way to relax in your bathroom will be by changing the lighting. Go for calming, soothing colors rather than the bright lighting you probably already have. Cream, off-white, and even light shades of purples will really make a difference.
- Don’t ignore your storage requirements when reorganizing your bathroom. Art of Drawers has an incredible range of storage solutions that will make this part of your home much easier to use. The easier it is to find the items you need, the smoother your daily routines will be. That will give you a lot of added peace of mind. We have pullout drawers, drawer inserts, and many other storage products that will be perfect for your needs.
If you have any questions about reorganizing your bathroom or any other part of your home, talk to one of our experts at Art of Drawers. We’ll be more than happy to help. You can get in touch with us by contacting us online or calling (770) 800 8410.